Wednesday 9 January 1952
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Frank Margerin and Michael Capuano.
The Greatest Show on Earth, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while Steamboat Gothic by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Joseph Schildkraut Presents.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
What the sky looked like on 9 January 1952
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1952!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1952 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Frank Margerin: French author and illustrator of comics.
- Michael Capuano: American politician, United States Congressman from Massachusetts.
- Mathew Knowles: Music Producer.
- Eveline L: Herfkens; Dutch Member of Parliament (PvdA).
- Hugh Bayley: English politician.
- Marines give notice that they will recall Ted Williams to active duty
- Karel Sys wins European heavyweight boxing title.
- Belgian Pholien government resigns.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?