Sunday 9 January 1966
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cartouche (humorist) and Jimmie Jones.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to We Can Work It Out by The Beatles.
In UK Day Tripper / We Can Work It Out by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Our Man Flint, directed by Daniel Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while The Double Image by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jörg Preda berichtet.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 9 January 1966 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Cartouche (humorist)
- Jimmie Jones: Defensive end / defensive tackle (Philadelphia Eagles).
- Giselle Blondet: TV Show Host.
- Jan Johansen: Swedish singer.
- Stephen Metcalfe: English politician.
- Polish government denies exit visa to Cardinal Wyszynski revisionism.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - We Can Work It Out
- Simon & Garfunkel - The Sounds Of Silence
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - She's Just My Style
- The Statler Brothers - Flowers On The Wall
- The Righteous Brothers - Ebb Tide
- The Dave Clark Five - Over And Over
- James Brown - I Got You (I Feel Good)
- The Vogues - Five O'Clock World
- The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season)
- The Beatles - Day Tripper
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?