Monday 31 January 1966
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jamie Taras and Al Jaworsky.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to My Love by Petula Clark.
In UK Day Tripper / We Can Work It Out by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
The Ghost and Mr. Chicken, directed by Alan Rafkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Those Who Love by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Historias para no dormir.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 January 1966!
Which were the important events of 31 January 1966 ?
- Blessed Ludovica
- Saint Geminianus
- Saint Marcella
- Saint Pedro Nolasco
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Bosco, patron saint of educators, circus artists and magicians.
- Jamie Taras: Canadian Football League guard (British Columbia Lions).
- Al Jaworsky: [Alan Doughty]; pop bassist (Jesus Jones).
- Charles Dimry NFL cornerback (Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Philadelphia Eagles).
- Dr Umar Alisha: Indian Sufi master.
- Gordon Hill: YouTube Star.
- Umar Alisha: Indian journalist and philanthropist
- Dexter Fletcher: English actor and director
- Jorge González: Argentinian basketball player and wrestler (d. 2010)
- USSR launches Luna 9 towards Moon
- Belgian state police kills two striking mine workers.
- The Soviet Union launches the unmanned Luna 9 spacecraft as part of the Luna program.
- The United Kingdom ceases all trade with Rhodesia.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 31 January 1966
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Petula Clark - My Love
- The Beach Boys - Barbara Ann
- The T-Bones - No Matter What Shape (Your Stomach's In)
- The Beatles - We Can Work It Out
- Lou Christie - Lightnin' Strikes
- Mike Douglas - The Men In My Little Girl's Life
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - She's Just My Style
- The Vogues - Five O'Clock World
- Herman's Hermits - A Must To Avoid
- Ray Charles - Crying Time
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?