Tuesday 25 January 1966
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pavel Torgajev and Paul Ranheim in Saint Louis.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to We Can Work It Out by The Beatles.
In UK Day Tripper / We Can Work It Out by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
The Ghost and Mr. Chicken, directed by Alan Rafkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Those Who Love by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Tintenfische.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1966!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1966 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- Pavel Torgajev: Nizhnij Novgorod, Russia -- NHL left wing (Calgary Flames).
- Paul Ranheim in Saint Louis: Missouri, USA; NHL left wing (Hartford Whalers).
- Mark Schlereth: NFL guard (Denver Broncos-Super Bowl XXXII).
- Richie Lewis: US baseball pitcher (Florida Marlins).
- John [Vo] Velyvis in North Adams: Massachusetts, USA; rower (Olympics-1996).
- Jorg Strawe: German experimental musician. Joerg Strawe is the owner of CUE-Records and during the 1990's, he founded the Berlin School Electronic Music.
- Chet Culver: American educator and politician 41st Governor of Iowa
- Yiannos Ioannou: Cypriot footballer and manager
- Saul Adler: Saul Adler Belarusian-English captain and parasitologist (d. 1966).
- WCMC (now WMGM) TV channel 40 in Wildwood, New Jersey (NBC) 1st broadcast
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 25 January 1966
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - We Can Work It Out
- The Beach Boys - Barbara Ann
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - She's Just My Style
- The T-Bones - No Matter What Shape (Your Stomach's In)
- The Vogues - Five O'Clock World
- The Rolling Stones - As Tears Go By
- Mike Douglas - The Men In My Little Girl's Life
- Herman's Hermits - A Must To Avoid
- Petula Clark - My Love
- Mitch Ryder - Jenny Take A Ride
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?