Wednesday 19 January 1966
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Stefan Edberg and Antoine Fuqua.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to The Sounds Of Silence by Simon & Garfunkel.
In UK Day Tripper / We Can Work It Out by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
The Ghost and Mr. Chicken, directed by Alan Rafkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while The Green Berets by Robin Moore was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jackanory.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 January 1966
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 January 1966!
Which were the important events of 19 January 1966 ?
- Confederate Heroes Day in Texas.
- Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy ? Julian Calendar Theophany (Epiphany).
- St. Mark of Ephesus feast day .
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of Sult�n (Sovereignty) ? First day of the 17th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- National Popcorn Day in United States of America, however some claim this is whatever day the Superbowl lands on.
- The unofficial National Popcorn Day
- Stefan Edberg: Swedish tennis player and coach.
- Antoine Fuqua
- Ronnie Williams: NFL tight end (Miami Dolphins).
- Anthony Young US baseball pitcher (New York Mets: Chicago Cubs).
- Stefan Edberg in Sweden tennis player (Wimbledon 1988: US Open 1991).
- Richard Orlinski: French sculptor of the "Born Wild" concept.
- Sylvain Cote: Duberger -- NHL defenseman (Washington Capitals).
- Yukiko Duke: Swedish journalist and translator.
- Sylvain Côté: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Lena Philipsson: Swedish singer-songwriter.
- Floris Bovelander: Dutch field hockey player.
- Floris Jan Bovelander: Dutch field hockey player.
- Tippetts cantate Vision of St. Augustine, premieres in London
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Simon & Garfunkel - The Sounds Of Silence
- The Beatles - We Can Work It Out
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - She's Just My Style
- The Vogues - Five O'Clock World
- The Beatles - Day Tripper
- The T-Bones - No Matter What Shape (Your Stomach's In)
- Mike Douglas - The Men In My Little Girl's Life
- Herman's Hermits - A Must To Avoid
- The Rolling Stones - As Tears Go By
- The Lovin' Spoonful - You Didn't Have To Be So Nice
Top #10 R&B songs
- Stevie Wonder - Uptight (Everything's Alright)
- James Brown And The Famous Flames - I Got You (I Feel Good)
- The Miracles - Going To A Go-Go
- Joe Tex - A Sweet Woman Like You
- Rainbow '65 (Part I) - Gene Chandler
- The Packers - Hole In The Wall
- The C.O.D.'s - Michael
- The Marvelettes - Don't Mess With Bill
- Jackie Lee - The Duck
- Wilson Pickett - Don't Fight It
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?