Thursday 6 January 1966, Epiphany
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Donnell Woolford NFL cornerback (Pittsburgh Steelers and Bob Kratch.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to We Can Work It Out by The Beatles.
In UK Yeh Yeh by Georgie Fame was in the top 5 hits.
The Slender Thread, directed by Sydney Pollack, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Those Who Love by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jörg Preda berichtet.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1966!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1966 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Donnell Woolford NFL cornerback (Pittsburgh Steelers: Chicago Bears).
- Bob Kratch: NFL guard (New England Patriots).
- Fernando Carrillo: Venezuelan actor.
- Paul Keller: American homicide, the worst serial arsonist ever captured in the U.S.
- Sharon Cuneta: Filipino singer and actress.
- Jean Lurcat: French artist noted for his role in the revival of contemporary tapestry.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 January 1966
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - We Can Work It Out
- Simon & Garfunkel - The Sounds Of Silence
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - She's Just My Style
- The Statler Brothers - Flowers On The Wall
- The Righteous Brothers - Ebb Tide
- The Dave Clark Five - Over And Over
- James Brown - I Got You (I Feel Good)
- The Vogues - Five O'Clock World
- The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season)
- The Beatles - Day Tripper
Top #9 songs in the UK
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?