Tuesday 4 January 1966
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sandrine Alexi and Deana Carter.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to We Can Work It Out by The Beatles.
In UK Day Tripper / We Can Work It Out by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Juliet of the Spirits, directed by Federico Fellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Up the Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Der Staatsanwalt hat das Wort.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 January 1966
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1966!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1966 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- Sandrine Alexi
- Deana Carter: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Tigran Keosayan
- La Parka II: Mexican wrestler.
- WFLD TV channel 32 in Chicago, IL (IND) begins broadcasting
- Doug Walters scores second Test century in his second Test.
- A military coup takes place in Upper Volta (later Burkina Faso), dissolving the National Parliament and leading to a new national constitution.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - We Can Work It Out
- Simon & Garfunkel - The Sounds Of Silence
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - She's Just My Style
- The Statler Brothers - Flowers On The Wall
- The Righteous Brothers - Ebb Tide
- The Dave Clark Five - Over And Over
- James Brown - I Got You (I Feel Good)
- The Vogues - Five O'Clock World
- The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season)
- The Beatles - Day Tripper
Top #10 R&B songs
- Joe Tex - A Sweet Woman Like You
- James Brown And The Famous Flames - I Got You (I Feel Good)
- Rainbow '65 (Part I) - Gene Chandler
- Marvin Gaye - Ain't That Peculiar
- Wilson Pickett - Don't Fight It
- The C.O.D.'s - Michael
- Ramsey Lewis Trio - Hang On Sloopy
- The Packers - Hole In The Wall
- The Miracles - My Girl Has Gone
- Fontella Bass - Rescue Me
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?