Wednesday 9 May 1934
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Robertson and Roy Massey.
The Man from Utah, directed by Robert Bradbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 9 May 1934 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 May 1934
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?