Thursday 10 May 1934
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include William Lithgow and Cliff Wilson.
The Man from Utah, directed by Robert Bradbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
while So Red the Rose by Stark Young was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 May 1934!
Which were the important events of 10 May 1934 ?
- Saint Gordianus
- Saint Isidore the Laborer
- Saint John of Avila
- Saint Job
- Saint Quaratus and Quintus
- Saint Peter Van
- Saint William of Pontoise
- Buddha's Birthday in Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, and South Korea.
- Saint Francis of Assisi
- Saint Solange
- The first possible day on which Pentecost may fall.
- Akshaya Tritya in Hinduism.
- Astronomy Day in the United States.
- Birds' and Trees' Day in Hungary
- Memorial Day of Blessed Damien of Moloka'i
- Celebration of the Clandestine Retreat of Ma'at and Ra in Ancient Egypt.
- Constitution Day in the Federated States of Micronesia.
- Inauguration Day in South Africa.
- Mania (mythology) in Ancient Rome.
- The marriage of Shiva to Meenakshi in Madurai, India
- William Lithgow: Scottish industrialist / multi-millionaire.
- Cliff Wilson: Welsh snooker player (d. 1994).
- Jeanine Basinger: American film scholar.
- Jayne Cortez: African-American poet, activist, small press publisher and spoken-word performance artist whose voice is celebrated for its political, surrealistic and dynamic innovations in lyricism and visceral sound.
- Gary Owens: Voice Actor.
- Kenneth Taylor: Canadian diplomat (d. 2015)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?