Friday 11 May 1934
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James M Jeffords American politician (Representative-Republican-Vermont and Andre Gregory.
Born to Be Bad, directed by Lowell Sherman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 May 1934!
Which were the important events of 11 May 1934 ?
- Saint Francis of Girolamo
- Saint Estella
- Holiday of the City of Miskolc (since 1992).
- Saint Odilo of Cluny
- Saint Majolus of Cluny
- Saint James Walworth
- Blessed John Rochester
- Saint Bertilla
- Saint Gengou Gangulphus
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Mamertus, first of the Ice Saints
- Roman Empire - Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Saint Gauthier of Esterp
- James M Jeffords American politician (Representative-Republican-Vermont: 1975-).
- Andre Gregory: American writer and actor, an experimental theater director whose work was known only to a handful of intellectuals before 1982.
- Jim Jeffords: American politician, a third-term U.S.
- Arthur Labatt: Canadian businessman and academic.
- Over two days, the most severe dust storm to date in the USA sweeps an estimated 350 million tons of topsoil from the Great Plains across to the eastern seaboard.
- The United States Department of Justice offers a $25,000 reward for John Dillinger.
- Kārlis Ulmanis establishes an authoritarian government in Latvia.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 May 1934
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?