Wednesday 16 May 1934
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nicholas Goodison and Richard Quinney.
Born to Be Bad, directed by Lowell Sherman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
while Anthony Adverse by Hervey Allen was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1934!
Which were the important events of 16 May 1934 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
- Nicholas Goodison: CEO (TSB Group).
- Richard Quinney: American sociologist, writer, and photographer known for his philosophical and critical approach to crime and social justice.
- Kenneth Morgan: Welsh historian and author.
- Antony Walker: English general.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?