Monday 14 May 1934US date format: 5/14/1934, UK date format: 14/5/1934
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 14, 1934). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pascal Jardin and Sian Phillips.
The Thin Man, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
On TV people were watching The Three Stooges Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 May 1934
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 1934!
Which were the important events of 14 May 1934 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
- Pascal Jardin: French writer and the father of writer Alexandre Jardin.
- Sian Phillips: Welsh actress.
- William Adams: American merchandise marketing executive in the flooring tile and insulation business, CEO with Armstrong World Industries.
- Frederik von Pallandt: Singer.
- Claude Gubler: French physician, the doctor to President Mitterrand.
- Forrest Moses: American artist, a painter and photographer living in New Mexico.
- Grady Gaines: American electric blues, Texas blues and jazz blues tenor saxophonist, who performed and recorded with Little Richard in the 1950s.
- Lou Criger: American baseball player and manager (d. 1934).