Sunday 27 May 1934
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Harlan [Jay] Ellison and Harlan Ellison.
Little Miss Marker, directed by Alexander Hall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 May 1934!
Which were the important events of 27 May 1934 ?
- Mother's Day in Bolivia (Dfa de la Madre)
- Bruno, Bishop of Wnrzburg
- Pope John I
- Saint Julius the Veteran
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Venerable Bede
- Lag Ba'omer in Judaism (2005)
- Children's Day in Nigeria
- Harlan [Jay] Ellison: United States -- Sci-fi author (7 Hugos, Doomsman, Babylon 5).
- Harlan Ellison: American writer and editor, considered one of the best living American short story writers, whose 49-year career has included 73 books he has written or edited, more than 1,700 stories, essays, articles and newspaper columns, two dozen teleplays and a dozen motion pictures.
- Enzo Siciliano: Italian writer, a journalist and literary critic; a collaborator of "Il Mondo," "La Stampa" and "Tuttolibri.
- Ray Daviault: Canadian-American baseball player.
- Meijer Linnewiel [Prof Kokadorus]: Amsterdam street hawker.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 May 1934
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?