Thursday 17 May 1934
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Earl Morrall NFL quarterback (Detroit Lions and Victor Arbez.
Born to Be Bad, directed by Lowell Sherman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
while Lamb in His Bosom by Caroline Miller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1934!
Which were the important events of 17 May 1934 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
- Earl Morrall NFL quarterback (Detroit Lions: New York Giants, Indianapolis Colts).
- Victor Arbez: French athlete and cross-country skier, who participated in four Olympic Winter Games.
- Janet Banzet: American actress, also credited as Marie Brent and several other names, who appeared in several sexploitation films of the late 1960s and early 1970s.
- Sonny Knight: American singer, moderately known in the '50s and '60s as a rock'n'roll singer.
- Friedrich-Wilhelm Kiel: German educator and politician.
- Earl Morrall: American football player and coach (d. 2014)
- Ronald Wayne: American computer scientist co-founded Apple Inc.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?