Saturday 26 May 1934
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Abdulah M "Dulah" Omar and Bernard Vitet.
Little Miss Marker, directed by Alexander Hall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
while Good-bye, Mr. Chips by James Hilton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 May 1934!
Which were the important events of 26 May 1934 ?
- Saint Germain of Paris
- Blessed Pieter of Ter Duinen
- Saint William of Aquitaine
- Saint Simitrius
- Saint Philip Neri (died 1595)
- Saint Lambert (d.1154)
- Saint Berenger (died 1093)
- Georgia - National Day
- Poland - Mother's Day
- Australia - National Sorry Day
- Abdulah M "Dulah" Omar: South African attorney / UDF-leader.
- Bernard Vitet: French trumpetist, multi-instrumentist (flugelhorn, piano and violin), singer, composer and co-founder of the first free jazz band in France (1964) together with François Tusques, Michel Portal Unit (1972) and Un Drame Musical Instantané with Jean-Jacques Birgé and Francis Gorgé in 1976.
- Century of Progress Exposition reopens in Chicago
- (to October 31) The Century of Progress Exposition centennial fair opens for a second year in Chicago, Illinois.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?