Friday 9 June 1972
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Steven Salter and Wardell Rouse.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Candy Man by Sammy Davis Jr..
In UK Vincent by Don McLean was in the top 5 hits.
Deep Throat, directed by Jerry Gerard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Hunt the Wumpus.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1972!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1972 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Steven Salter: CFL offensive linebacker (Toronto Argonauts).
- Wardell Rouse: NFL linebacker (Tampa Bay Bucs).
- Tomoe Hanba: Japanese voice actress.
- Matt Horsley: Australian footballer and coach.
- 14 of rain in 6 hours bursts Rapid City SD dam, drowns 237
- 1st all-nite grad parties
- Bruce Springsteen signs a record deal with Columbia.
- 14 inches of rain in six hours bursts Rapid City, South Dakota dam, drowns 200.
- The Black Hills flood kills 238 in South Dakota.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sammy Davis Jr. - The Candy Man
- The Staple Singers - I'll Take You There
- The Chi-Lites - Oh Girl
- Neil Diamond - Song Sung Blue
- Dr. Hook - Sylvia's Mother
- Gallery - Nice To Be With You
- Roberta Flack - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
- Cat Stevens - Morning Has Broken
- Billy Preston - Outa-Space
- The 5th Dimension - (Last Night) I Didn't Get To Sleep At All
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?