Saturday 9 June 2007US date format: 6/9/2007, UK date format: 9/6/2007
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 9, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Umbrella by Rihanna.
The Man from Earth, directed by Richard Schenkman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Jesus Of Nazareth by Benedict XVI was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Talk to Me.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bubble Bobble Double Shot or Assassin's Creed.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 June 2007
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 2007!
Which were the important events of 9 June 2007 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 09 June
- Frankie Abernathy: American purse designer cast member on The Real World: San Diego (d. 2007).
- The Central Intelligence Organization arrests almost 400 soldiers in Harare, Zimbabwe for allegedly plotting to overthrow President Robert Mugabe. Air Vice Marshal Elson Moyo, Major General Engelbert Rugeje, and Colonel Ben Ncube are allegedly the ringleaders. (ZWNews)
- Russia warns the United States to halt its missile defense system in central Europe in order to continue further talks. (BBC)
- U.S. President George W. Bush calls for a UN-backed action over Kosovo's independence despite Russian and Serbian opposition. (BBC)
- Racehorse Rags to Riches becomes the first filly to win the Belmont Stakes in 102 years by defeating Preakness winner Curlin. (AP via The Citizen)
Sport Games on 9 June 2007
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Ath Madrid - Celta : 2 - 3
- Barcelona - Espanol : 2 - 2
- Betis - Osasuna : 0 - 5
- Levante - Valencia : 4 - 2
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Ciudad de Murcia - Las Palmas : 4 - 2
- Elche - Castellon : 1 - 0
- Lorca - Alaves : 1 - 2
- Malaga - Cadiz : 1 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Buy U A Drank (Shawty Snappin') - T-Pain Featuring Yung Joc
- Please Don't Go - Tank
- Shop Boyz - Party Like A Rockstar
- Robin Thicke - Lost Without U
- When I See U - Fantasia
- Pop, Lock & Drop It - Huey
- Same Girl - R. Kelly Duet With Usher
- Lloyd - Get It Shawty
- Wipe Me Down - Lil Boosie Featuring Foxx & Webbie
- I'm A Flirt - R. Kelly Or Bow Wow (Featuring T.I. & T-Pain)
Top #10 Latin songs
- Dimelo - Enrique Iglesias
- Impacto - Daddy Yankee Featuring Fergie
- Si Nos Quedara Poco Tiempo - Chayanne
- Bendita Tu Luz - Mana
- Igual Que Ayer - RKM & Ken-Y
- Eres Para Mi - Julieta Venegas
- Dame Un Beso - Intocable
- Sola - Hector "El Father"
- Tu Recuerdo - Ricky Martin Featuring La Mari De Chambao Y Tommy Torres
- Cuisillos - Mil Heridas
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?