Friday 9 November 1990
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Romain Bardet and Christian Murphy.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Love Takes Time by Mariah Carey.
In UK Unchained Melody by The Righteous Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
The Rescuers Down Under, directed by Hendel Butoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while Looking For A Ship by John McPhee was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Les nuls, l'émission.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Disk NG or Dragon Knight II.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1990!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1990 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
- Romain Bardet: French road cyclist racer, he turned professional in 2012.
- Christian Murphy: American noted family, born illegitimately to Tamara Hood and comedian Eddie Murphy.
- Hodgy Beats: Rapper.
- Ruth Payne: Family Member.
- Nosa Igiebor: Nigerian footballer.
- Tanzania government of Malecela forms
- US President George Bush announces doubling of US forces in Persian Gulf.
- Mary Robinson is elected Ireland's first female President.
- A new constitution comes into effect in the Kingdom of Nepal, establishing multiparty democracy and constitutional monarchy this is the culmination of the 1990 People's Movement.
- The Parliament of Singapore enacts the Maintenance of Religious Harmony Act.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?