Wednesday 10 June 1931
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 10, 1931). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joao Gilberto and Gaston Geens.
Gold Dust Gertie, directed by Lloyd Bacon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 June 1931
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 June 1931!
Which were the important events of 10 June 1931 ?
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Augsburg]
- Saint Olivia
- Saint Bardo
- Saint Landoald, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Landericus, bishop of Paris, confessor [BLS; GTZ: Paris; PCP (Paris)]
- Jodocus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: LiFge]
- Blessed Henry of Treviso, confessor
- Blessed Getulius, Amancius and Cerealus, martyrs [GTZ: Trier]
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop of Trier, confessor
- Blessed priest Ward Poppe
- Saint Censurius, bishop of Auxerre
- Saint Aster (died 362)
- Saint Maurinus, abbot, martyr [GTZ: Cologne]
- Saint Anianus, bishop of Chartres
- Saint Amantius, martyr [GTZ: Metz]
- Portugal Day ? National day of Portugal, Cam)es and the Portuguese Communities
- Blessed Margaret, queen of Scotland [PRI: England]
- Roman Empire ? fourth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Saint Evremundus, abbot [GTZ: Senlis]
- Joao Gilberto: Brazilian musician, a guitarist, singer and composer, the main influence of the bossa nova musical trend.
- Gaston Geens
- Jackie Mason: Comedian.
- Jim [Purvis] Ferree Jr: Pine Bluff, North Carolina -- PGA golfer (1958 Vancouver).
- Bryan Cartledge: English academic and diplomat British Ambassador to Russia.
- João Gilberto: Brazilian singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Norway occupies East-Greenland