Wednesday 17 June 1931
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Baldessari and Jacques Destoop.
The Skin Game, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1931!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1931 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- John Baldessari: American conceptual artist.
- Jacques Destoop: French actor and painter, who was a member of the Comédie-Française.
- Frankie Hewitt: American theater producer and founder in 1967 of the Ford's Theatre Society, responsible for restoring and reopening the historic site as a working theater.
- Mary Hubbard: American leading figure in Scientology, who was the third wife of L. Ron Hubbard, from 1952 until his death in 1986.
- René Teulade: French politician, a member of the Senate of France, representing the Corrèze department.
- Giancarlo Bacci: Italy sport Champion
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 June 1931
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?