Tuesday 9 June 1931
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Françoise Arnoul and Joe Santos.
A Free Soul, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1931!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1931 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Françoise Arnoul: Algerian-born French actor, made his onscreen debut in 1949.
- Joe Santos: American actor.
- Bill Virdon: 2nd baseman (St. Louis Cardinals) / Manager (New York Yankees).
- Nandini Satpathy: Indian author and politician 8th Chief Minister of Odisha (d. 2006).
- Henrique Oswald: Composer, dies at 79.
- 1st rocket-powered aircraft design patented (R Goddard)
- 1st showing of a Donald Duck cartoon
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?