Monday 8 June 1931
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ivan V Lali and James Leander "Leo" Nichols.
A Free Soul, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
while The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1931!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1931 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- Ivan V Lali: Poet.
- James Leander "Leo" Nichols: Honorary consul.
- Rosario Nicoletti: Italian political secretary.
- Maurice Amiel: Vannes EXecutives.
- James Goldstone: American director and screenwriter (d. 1999).
- Dana Wynter: German-English actress (d. 2011)
- Duke and Duchess of Kent wed
- Suriname Work Committee under Louis Doedel forms in Paramaribo
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?