Friday 17 January 1941
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 17, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mechai Viravaidya and Dame Gillian Weir.
White Eagle, directed by James W. Horne, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching Tom and Jerry.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 January 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1941!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1941 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Mechai Viravaidya: Activist.
- Dame Gillian Weir: New Zealand organist.
- István Horthy: Jr.
- Gillian Weir: New Zealand-English organist and educator.
- Jose Leite de Vasconcelos: Portuguese Scholar (Etnografia), dies at 82.
- Franco-Thai War: French forces inflict a decisive victory over the Royal Thai Navy.