Friday 17 January 1941
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dame Gillian Weir and István Horthy.
High Sierra, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
while For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingwa was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Men at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1941!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1941 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Dame Gillian Weir: New Zealand organist.
- István Horthy: Jr.
- Gillian Weir: New Zealand-English organist and educator.
- Jose Leite de Vasconcelos: Portuguese Scholar (Etnografia), dies at 82.
- Franco-Thai War: French forces inflict a decisive victory over the Royal Thai Navy.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?