Monday 10 May 1965
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Linda Evangelista and Rony Seikaly.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter by Herman's Hermits.
In UK Ticket To Ride by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
The Pawnbroker, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Don'T Stop The Carnival by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Unverbesserlichen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 May 1965!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 10 May 1965 ?
- Saint Gordianus
- Saint Isidore the Laborer
- Saint John of Avila
- Saint Job
- Saint Quaratus and Quintus
- Saint Peter Van
- Saint William of Pontoise
- Buddha's Birthday in Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, and South Korea.
- Saint Francis of Assisi
- Saint Solange
- The first possible day on which Pentecost may fall.
- Akshaya Tritya in Hinduism.
- Astronomy Day in the United States.
- Birds' and Trees' Day in Hungary
- Memorial Day of Blessed Damien of Moloka'i
- Celebration of the Clandestine Retreat of Ma'at and Ra in Ancient Egypt.
- Constitution Day in the Federated States of Micronesia.
- Inauguration Day in South Africa.
- Mania (mythology) in Ancient Rome.
- The marriage of Shiva to Meenakshi in Madurai, India
- Linda Evangelista: Canadian supermodel.
- Rony Seikaly: Lebanese-American basketball player: center, Nets.
- Mike Butcher: Baseball player.
- Jim Schreiner in Kailua: Hawaii, USA; kayak (alternate-Olympics-1996).
- Rony Seikaly NBA center (Orlando Magic: Golden State Warriors).
- Todd Kalis: NFL guard (Cincinnati Bengals).
- Hubertus J van Mook: Dutch minister of Colonization (1942-45), dies at age 70.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Herman's Hermits - Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Count Me In
- The Beatles - Ticket To Ride
- The Seekers - I'll Never Find Another You
- Herman's Hermits - Silhouettes
- The Beach Boys - Help Me, Rhonda
- Petula Clark - I Know A Place
- Marvin Gaye - I'll Be Doggone
- The Righteous Brothers - Just Once In My Life
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Wooly Bully
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?