Friday 11 December 1959
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 11, 1959). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include N. Murray Edwards and Tina Gayle.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin.
In UK What Do You Want? by Adam Faith was in the top 5 hits.
Suddenly, Last Summer, directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while The Longest Day by Cornelius Ryan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Showtime.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 December 1959
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1959!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1959 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- N. Murray Edwards: Businessman.
- Tina Gayle: Frankfurt, Germany -- Cowboy cheerleader / actress (Kathy-Chips).
- Jean-Louis Lamarre in La Prairie: Quebec, Canada; golfer (QuTbec PGA-1982, 1985).
- David Iwasaki-Smith in Warragul: Victoria, Australia; Australasia golfer.
- Jim Bottomley: American baseball player and sportscaster (d. 1959).
- Yanks trade Marv Thronberry, Don Larsen, Hank Bauer and Norm Seibern for Roger Maris, Kent Hadley and Joe Deaestri
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- The Spacemen - The Clouds
- Brook Benton - So Many Ways
- Jackie Wilson - Talk That Talk
- Dance With Me - The Drifters
- Fats Domino - Be My Guest
- Lloyd Price and His Orchestra - Come Into My Heart
- The Fleetwoods - Mr. Blue
- Della Reese - Don't You Know
- Sammy Turner - Always
- Marv Johnson - You Got What It Takes
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?