Wednesday 1 April 1908
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Abraham Maslow and Abraham H.
Easy Money, directed by La La King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 April 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1908!
Which were the important events of 1 April 1908 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- Abraham Maslow: American psychologist and academic (d. 1970).
- Abraham H: Maslow US psychologist (humanistic psychology).
- Harlow Rothert: American shot putter lawyer and academic (d. 1997).
- The Territorial Force (renamed Territorial Army in 1920) is formed as a volunteer reserve component of the British Army.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1908 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Good-Bye, Sweetheart, Good-Bye - Alan Turner
- Keep On Smiling - Haydn Quartet & Billy Murray