Friday 11 January 1963
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kate Gompert in Ames and Petra Schneider.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Go Away Little Girl by Steve Lawrence.
In UK The Next Time / Bachelor Boy by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
Days of Wine and Roses, directed by Blake Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
On TV people were watching The Dakotas.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1963!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1963 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- Kate Gompert in Ames: Iowa, USA; tennis star.
- Petra Schneider: East German swimming star (world record 400m).
- Dean Reynolds: English snooker player.
- Tracy Caulkins: American athlete, queen of one of the premier Olympic events, the Decathlon of swimming.
- Jason Connery: British-born Hollywood actor and noted family, the son of the well-known acting couple, Scottish-born Sean Connery and Australian-born Diane Cilento.
- Arthur D Nock: English/American historian (Saint Paul), dies at age 60.
- 1st discotheque opens, Whiskey-a-go-go in LA
- Beatles release Please Please Me andAsk Me Why
- First discotheque opens, The Whiskey-a-go-go in Los Angeles, California, USA.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 January 1963
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Steve Lawrence - Go Away Little Girl
- The Tornadoes - Telstar
- Chubby Checker - Limbo Rock
- Brook Benton - Hotel Happiness
- Lou Monte - Pepino The Italian Mouse
- The Exciters - Tell Him
- Bobby Vee - The Night Has A Thousand Eyes
- Bob B. Soxx And The Blue Jeans - Zip-A-Dee Doo-Dah
- Mary Wells - Two Lovers
- Paul Petersen - My Dad
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Cliff Richard - The Next Time / Bachelor Boy
- The Beatles - I Want To Hold Your Hand
- The Beatles - She Loves You
- Elvis Presley - Return To Sender
- The Shadows - Dance On!
- Freddie & The Dreamers - You Were Made For Me
- Duane Eddy - Dance With The Guitar Man
- Dave Clark Five - Glad All Over
- Kathy Kirby - Secret Love
- Frank Ifield - Lovesick Blues
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?