Monday January 07, 1963, Orthodox Christmas
US date format: 1/7/1963, UK date format: 7/1/1963
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on January 7, 1963). The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Rand Paul and Clint Mansell.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Go Away Little Girl by Steve Lawrence.
In UK The Next Time / Bachelor Boy by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
Le Petit Soldat, directed by Jean-Luc Godard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Elizabeth Appleton by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Geboren unter schwarzen Himmeln.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 07, 1963?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- 1st class postage raised from 4 cents to 5 cents
- Arthur Moore: Premier of Queensland (Born 1876).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 07, 1963?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Steve Lawrence - Go Away Little Girl
- The Tornadoes - Telstar
- Chubby Checker - Limbo Rock
- Brook Benton - Hotel Happiness
- Lou Monte - Pepino The Italian Mouse
- The Exciters - Tell Him
- Bobby Vee - The Night Has A Thousand Eyes
- Bob B. Soxx And The Blue Jeans - Zip-A-Dee Doo-Dah
- Mary Wells - Two Lovers
- Paul Petersen - My Dad
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free