Tuesday 15 January 1963
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Erling Kagge and Richard Nasheim.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Go Away Little Girl by Steve Lawrence.
In UK The Next Time / Bachelor Boy by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
From Morn to Midnight, directed by Karl Heinz Martin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
On TV people were watching The Dakotas.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 January 1963!
Which were the important events of 15 January 1963 ?
- Kerala in India - Makaravilakku or Makara Sankranthy at Sabarimala.
- Jallikattu in South India.
- United States - Traditionally, Martin Luther King Day.
- North Korea - Korean Alphabet Day.
- Malawi - John Chilembwe Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Saint Ides, virgin, died January 15, 570.
- Roman Empire - Second day of the Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Wikipedia Day.
- Erling Kagge: in Norway; explorer (South Pole).
- Richard Nasheim: hockey forward (Team Austria 1998).
- Yaro Dachniwsky in Chicago: Illinois, USA; team handball goalie (Olympics-1996).
- Lijuan Geng in Hebei: China; Canadian tennis player (Olympics-1996).
- Azzedine Berkane: French homophobe and criminal, implicated in the attempted murder of Bertrand Delanoë, Mayor of Paris, on a night of city festivities, 5 October 2002 at about 2:30 AM.
- Conrad Lant: English singer-songwriter and bass player (Venom and Cronos)
- Bruce Schneier: American cryptographer, security expert, and writer
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?