Tuesday July 11, 1989US date format: 7/11/1989, UK date format: 11/7/1989
This day in 30 sec.
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 11, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Omaha (Nebraska) and David Henrie.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to If You Don't Know Me By Now by Simply Red.
In UK Back To Life (However Do You Want Me) by Soul II Soul was in the top 5 hits.
Khoj, directed by Keshu Ramsay, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while A Prayer For Owen Meany by John Irving was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Split Ends.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Beyond the Black Hole or Dragon Ball Z.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 July 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1989!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1989 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- David Henrie: American actor.
- Omaha (Nebraska)
- Shareeka Epps: American actress.
- Liel Kolet: Israeli singer.
- Tobias Sana: Swedish footballer.
- Travis Waddell: Australian rugby player.
- Laurence Olivier: British actor, director and producer,...
- 60th All Star Baseball Game: AL wins 5-3 at Anaheim Stadium, Anaheim All star MVP: Bo Jackson (Kansas City Royals)
- President Ronald Reagan sportscasts All Star Game
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Simply Red - If You Don't Know Me By Now
- Madonna - Express Yourself
- Fine Young Cannibals - Good Thing
- Martika - Toy Soldiers
- Milli Vanilli - Baby Don't Forget My Number
- Prince - Batdance
- Natalie Cole - Miss You Like Crazy
- Expose - What You Don't Know
- The Doobie Brothers - The Doctor
- Love and Rockets - So Alive
Top #10 R&B songs
- Keep On Movin' - Soul II Soul (Featuring Caron Wheeler)
- Chuckii Booker - Turned Away
- Surface - Shower Me With Your Love
- Levert - Gotta Get The Money
- Jody Watley With Eric B. & Rakim - Friends
- The Jacksons - Nothin (That Compares 2 U)
- Karyn White - Secret Rendezvous
- James Ingram - It's Real
- LL Cool J - I'm That Type Of Guy
- Vanessa Williams - Darlin' I
Top #10 Latin songs
- Jose Luis Rodriguez - BAILA MI RUMBA
- La Incondicional - Luis Miguel
- Ana Gabriel - Simplemente Amigos
- Te Amo - Franco de Vita
- AMANDOTE Y SONANDOTE - Braulio
- Bamboleo/Caballo Viejo - Julio Iglesias
- Aunque mal paguen ellas - Roberto Carlos/Vicente Fernandez
- Emmanuel - Quisiera
- Este Ritmo Se Baila Asi - Chayanne
- Solo Con Un Beso - Ricardo Montaner
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?