Friday July 21, 1989
This day in 30 sec.
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 21, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Juno Temple and Rory Culkin.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Toy Soldiers by Martika.
In UK Back To Life (However Do You Want Me) by Soul II Soul was in the top 5 hits.
Kiki's Delivery Service, directed by Hayao Miyazaki, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Garden Of Lies by Eileen Goudge was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Split Ends.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing B.A.T. or The Dark Heart of Uukrul.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 July 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 July 1989!
Which were the important events of 21 July 1989 ?
- St. Zoticus
- St. Victor of Marseilles
- St. Barhadbesciabus
- St. Arbogastus
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Praxedes
- Singapore: Racial Harmony Day
- Guam: Liberation Day (1944)
- Bolivia: Martyrs' Day
- Belgium: National holiday (1831 - inauguration of LTopold I, first king of the Belgians)
- Juno Temple: English actress.
- Rory Culkin: American actor.
- Jamie Waylett: English actor.
- Marco Fabián: Mexican footballer.
- Milyn Jensen: Reality Star.
- Kirill Nesterov: Russian footballer.
- Chris Gunter: Welsh footballer.
- Chelsie Hightower: American professional dancer (Dancing with the Stars, former So You Think You Can Dance contestant).
- Marco Fabian: Soccer Player.
- Eastern Airlines submits a reorganization plan to creditors
- Greg LeMond (US) wins Tour de France in fastest time.
- Mike Tyson TKOs Carl "the Truth" Williams in 1:33 of first round.
- The beginning of a total blockade of Armenia and NKAO by Azerbaijan.
- Japan's ruling Liberal Democratic Party loses control of the House of Councillors, the LDP's worst electoral showing in 34 years, leading to Prime Minister Uno announcing he will resign to take responsibility for the result.
- Giulio Andreotti takes office as Prime Minister of Italy.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Martika - Toy Soldiers
- Madonna - Express Yourself
- Simply Red - If You Don't Know Me By Now
- Prince - Batdance
- Love and Rockets - So Alive
- Bobby Brown - On Our Own
- Fine Young Cannibals - Good Thing
- Expose - What You Don't Know
- Bon Jovi - Lay Your Hands On Me
- Milli Vanilli - Baby Don't Forget My Number
Top #10 R&B songs
- Chuckii Booker - Turned Away
- Surface - Shower Me With Your Love
- Keep On Movin' - Soul II Soul (Featuring Caron Wheeler)
- Jody Watley With Eric B. & Rakim - Friends
- Karyn White - Secret Rendezvous
- On Our Own (From "Ghostbusters II") - Bobby Brown
- Levert - Gotta Get The Money
- Batdance (From "Batman") - Prince
- LL Cool J - I'm That Type Of Guy
- Kool Moe Dee - They Want Money
Top #10 Latin songs
- Jose Luis Rodriguez - BAILA MI RUMBA
- La Incondicional - Luis Miguel
- Ana Gabriel - Simplemente Amigos
- Este Ritmo Se Baila Asi - Chayanne
- Te Amo - Franco de Vita
- Y Voy Hacer Feliz - Marisela
- Aunque mal paguen ellas - Roberto Carlos/Vicente Fernandez
- AMANDOTE Y SONANDOTE - Braulio
- A donde vayas - Los Bukis
- Emmanuel - Quisiera
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?