Wednesday 12 July 1989
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 12, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Phoebe Tonkin and Hilary Knight (ice hockey).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to If You Don't Know Me By Now by Simply Red.
In UK Back To Life (However Do You Want Me) by Soul II Soul was in the top 5 hits.
Khoj, directed by Keshu Ramsay, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while A Prayer For Owen Meany by John Irving was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Split Ends.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hellfire or Famicom Jump: Hero Retsuden.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 July 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 July 1989!
Which were the important events of 12 July 1989 ?
- Sveti Petar (St. Peter)
- Sunset and sunrise occur along Manhattan's street grid centerline
- Newfoundland - Orangemen's Day
- Northern Ireland - Battle of the Boyne Day (also known as Orangemen's Day or the Twelfth, see Irish calendar).
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday (2nd day)
- The "center pivot irrigation day" of Colorado
- Kiribati - Independence Day
- RainMaker Day - Salem, OR.
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Independence Day
- Phoebe Tonkin: Australian actress and model.
- Hilary Knight (ice hockey)
- David Henrie: Actor.
- Xian Lim: World Music Singer.
- Nick Palmieri: American ice hockey player.
- New York Yankees' pitching great Ron Guidry retires (170-91 .651, 3.29 ERA).
- In the Republic of Ireland, the Taoiseach Charles Haughey returns to power after Fianna Fáil forms a coalition with the Progressive Democrats.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Simply Red - If You Don't Know Me By Now
- Madonna - Express Yourself
- Fine Young Cannibals - Good Thing
- Martika - Toy Soldiers
- Milli Vanilli - Baby Don't Forget My Number
- Prince - Batdance
- Natalie Cole - Miss You Like Crazy
- Expose - What You Don't Know
- The Doobie Brothers - The Doctor
- Love and Rockets - So Alive
Top #10 R&B songs
- Keep On Movin' - Soul II Soul (Featuring Caron Wheeler)
- Chuckii Booker - Turned Away
- Surface - Shower Me With Your Love
- Levert - Gotta Get The Money
- Jody Watley With Eric B. & Rakim - Friends
- The Jacksons - Nothin (That Compares 2 U)
- Karyn White - Secret Rendezvous
- James Ingram - It's Real
- LL Cool J - I'm That Type Of Guy
- Vanessa Williams - Darlin' I
Top #10 Latin songs
- Jose Luis Rodriguez - BAILA MI RUMBA
- La Incondicional - Luis Miguel
- Ana Gabriel - Simplemente Amigos
- Te Amo - Franco de Vita
- AMANDOTE Y SONANDOTE - Braulio
- Bamboleo/Caballo Viejo - Julio Iglesias
- Aunque mal paguen ellas - Roberto Carlos/Vicente Fernandez
- Emmanuel - Quisiera
- Este Ritmo Se Baila Asi - Chayanne
- Solo Con Un Beso - Ricardo Montaner
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?