Sunday July 2, 1989
This day in 30 sec.
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 2, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alex Morgan and Dev (singer).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Baby Don't Forget My Number by Milli Vanilli.
In UK Back To Life (However Do You Want Me) by Soul II Soul was in the top 5 hits.
Lethal Weapon 2, directed by Richard Donner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Stranger In Savannah by Eugenia Price was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Split Ends.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Austerlitz or The Uncanny X-Men.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 July 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1989!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1989 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Alex Morgan: Soccer Player.
- Dev (singer)
- Dev : American singer and recording artist.
- Barbara Dunkelman: Voice Actor.
- Mitch Hewer: Actor.
- Nadezhda Grishaeva: Russian basketball player.
- Christopher Foltz: YouTube Star.
- Hannah Murray: Actress.
- Franklin Schaffner: Japanese-American director and producer (d. 1989).
- 10th US Seniors Golf Open: Orville Moody
- 17th du Maurier Golf Classic: Tammie Green
- President of South Africa P. W. Botha meets the imprisoned Nelson Mandela face to face for the first time.
- The television show ''Seinfeld'' premieres.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Milli Vanilli - Baby Don't Forget My Number
- Fine Young Cannibals - Good Thing
- Richard Marx - Satisfied
- Neneh Cherry - Buffalo Stance
- Simply Red - If You Don't Know Me By Now
- Madonna - Express Yourself
- Donna Summer - This Time I Know It's For Real
- Cyndi Lauper - I Drove All Night
- Natalie Cole - Miss You Like Crazy
- New Kids On The Block - I'll Be Loving You (Forever)
Top #10 R&B songs
- Peabo Bryson - Show & Tell
- Keep On Movin' - Soul II Soul (Featuring Caron Wheeler)
- Diana Ross - Workin' Overtime
- Chuckii Booker - Turned Away
- Luther Vandross - For You To Love
- Surface - Shower Me With Your Love
- Levert - Gotta Get The Money
- Anita Baker - Lead Me Into Love
- Miles Jaye - Objective
- The Jacksons - Nothin (That Compares 2 U)
Top #10 Latin songs
- La Incondicional - Luis Miguel
- Jose Luis Rodriguez - BAILA MI RUMBA
- Este Ritmo Se Baila Asi - Chayanne
- Ana Gabriel - Simplemente Amigos
- Te Amo - Franco de Vita
- AMANDOTE Y SONANDOTE - Braulio
- Como Tu - Jose Jose
- Solo Con Un Beso - Ricardo Montaner
- Bamboleo/Caballo Viejo - Julio Iglesias
- Amor De Noche - Rocio Jurado
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?