Monday July 11, 1988US date format: 7/11/1988, UK date format: 11/7/1988
This day in 30 sec.
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 11, 1988). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joan Smalls and Étienne Capoue.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to The Flame by Cheap Trick.
In UK Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You by Glenn Medeiros was in the top 5 hits.
Saturday Night Out, directed by Robert Hartford-Davis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while Tapestry by Belva Plain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Brainstorm.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Caveman Ugh-Lympics or Dark Fusion.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 July 1988
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1988!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1988 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Joan Smalls: Model.
- Étienne Capoue: French footballer.
- Roby Schinasi
- Yuka Iguchi: Japanese voice actress.
- Natalya Zhedik: Russian basketball player.
- Mike Tyson hires Donald Trump as an advisor
Birth chart on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1988?
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Roses Are Red - The Mac Band Featuring The McCampbell Brothers
- Sade - Paradise
- Bobby Brown - Don't Be Cruel
- Vanessa Williams - The Right Stuff
- New Edition - If It Isn't Love
- Terence Trent D'Arby - Sign Your Name
- Gregory Abbott - I'll Prove It To You
- Al B. Sure! - Off On Your Own (Girl)
- James Brown - I'm Real
- Troop - Mamacita
Top #10 Latin songs
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Glenn Medeiros - Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You
- The Twist (Yo, Twist) - The Fat Boys With Chubby Checker
- Push It / Tramp - Salt-N-Pepa
- Bros - I Owe You Nothing
- Sabrina - Boys (Summertime Love)
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?