Thursday 20 July 1989
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Witwisit Hirunwongkul and Brooke Candy.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Toy Soldiers by Martika.
In UK Back To Life (However Do You Want Me) by Soul II Soul was in the top 5 hits.
When Harry Met Sally..., directed by Rob Reiner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while The Russia House by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Interceptor.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bumpy or Cameltry.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1989!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1989 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Witwisit Hirunwongkul: Thai actor.
- Brooke Candy: Rapper.
- Alex Evans: Model.
- Javier Cortés: Mexican footballer.
- Witwisit Hiranyawongkul: Thai actor and singer.
- Cristian Pasquato: Italian footballer
- Marie-Madeleine Fourcade: French Resistance member, the leader of the network "Alliance", under the code name "Hérisson" ("Hedgehog") after the arrest of its former leader, Georges Loustaunau-Lacau, during the occupation of France in the Second World War.
- Mary Treen: Actress (Career, Rock-a-bye Baby), dies at 71.
- Burma government puts Author Aung San Suu Kyi under house arrest
- Photographer Robert Mapplethorpe's show opens at Washington, D.C.'s Project for the Arts after the Smithsonian Institution's Corcoran Gallery cancels it.
- Burma's ruling junta puts opposition leader Daw Aung San Suu Kyi under house arrest.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 July 1989
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Martika - Toy Soldiers
- Madonna - Express Yourself
- Simply Red - If You Don't Know Me By Now
- Prince - Batdance
- Love and Rockets - So Alive
- Bobby Brown - On Our Own
- Fine Young Cannibals - Good Thing
- Expose - What You Don't Know
- Bon Jovi - Lay Your Hands On Me
- Milli Vanilli - Baby Don't Forget My Number
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?