Sunday 11 September 2005
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to We Belong Together by Mariah Carey.
In UK Don't Cha by The Pussycat Dolls featuring Busta Rhymes was in the top 5 hits.
Corpse Bride, directed by Tim Burton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2005
while Point Blank by Catherine Coulter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Les invincibles.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Super Mario Strikers or EyeToy: Chat.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 September 2005!
Which were the important events of 11 September 2005 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 September
- Chris Schenkel: American sports journalist (d. 2005).
- An eleven minute video tape purporting to be from Al Qaeda is delivered to American network ABC in Pakistan and shown on ''Good Morning America'', warns of future attacks on Los Angeles, California and Melbourne, Australia. Adam Yahiye Gadahn, an American convert to Islam, called the September 11, 2001 attacks ampquotblessed eventsampquot and commenting on possible attacks in the future stated, ampquotThis time, don't count on us demonstrating restraint and compassion.ampquot (Reuters)
- New Orleans mayor Ray Nagin interviewed on NBC's ''Meet the Press'' is critical of suggestions that tent cities be constructed to house Hurricane Katrina survivors. He promises to lead the rebuilding of the city saying: ampquotNew Orleaneans are the only ones to rebuild. We're going to rebuild New Orleans and make sure we have resources to get the job done.ampquot (NBC)
- The death toll of the Japanese Encephalitis outbreak in Uttar Pradesh has reached an official number of 650, with estimates of aid agencies about double this number. (Washington Post).
- Over 800,000 people in the Zhejiang province of China are evacuating as the province is hit by Typhoon Khanun which has a packing center winds of 144 kilometers per hour. (Chinadaily)
- The Norwegian parliamentary election, 2005, held September 12, is set to be a very close race, according to pollsters. The vote will determine the balance of power in the Storting for the coming four years. The centre-right government under Prime Minister Kjell Magne Bondevik faces a centre-left opposition led by Jens Stoltenberg of the Norwegian Labour Party. (Aftenposten)/text
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2005 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 11 September 2005
Serie AItalian Football
- Cagliari - Lazio : 1 - 1
- Chievo - Parma : 1 - 0
- Empoli - Juventus : 0 - 4
- Lecce - Ascoli : 0 - 0
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Standard - Beveren : 1 - 3
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Dortmund - FC Koln : 2 - 1
- Hertha - Wolfsburg : 3 - 0
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Braunschweig - Greuther Furth : 3 - 0
- Erzgebirge Aue - Karlsruhe : 0 - 0
- Offenbach - Freiburg : 2 - 1
- Paderborn - Ahlen : 1 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?