Saturday 17 September 2005
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Gold Digger by Kanye West.
In UK Don't Cha by The Pussycat Dolls featuring Busta Rhymes was in the top 5 hits.
A History of Violence, directed by David Cronenberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2005
while Tyrannosaur Canyon by Douglas Preston was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Les invincibles.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dance Praise or Asphalt: Urban GT 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 September 2005!
Which were the important events of 17 September 2005 ?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig.
- Angola - National Heroes' Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 17 September
- Addressing the U.N. General Assembly, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad rejects an offer from the European Union to halt its nuclear program: ampquotThe most far reaching step outside the requirements of the NPT … in keeping with Iran's inalienable right to have access to a nuclear fuel cycle.ampquot
- At least 30 people die following an explosion at a market in the Iraqi capital of Baghdad. (BBC)
- Tayseer Allouni, a reporter with Al Jazeera, is arrested by Spanish police for the second time. (BBC)
- Ariel Sharon, the Prime Minister of Israel, threatens to ampquotmake every effort not to helpampquot the upcoming Palestinian elections if Hamas takes part. (Reuters)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2005 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 17 September 2005
Serie AItalian Football
- Inter - Lecce : 3 - 0
- Parma - Empoli : 1 - 0
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Cercle Brugge - Standard : 0 - 3
- FC Brussels - Anderlecht : 1 - 1
- Lierse - Charleroi : 0 - 0
- St Truiden - Lokeren : 1 - 2
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bayern Munich - Hannover : 1 - 0
- Bielefeld - Kaiserslautern : 0 - 0
- FC Koln - M'gladbach : 2 - 1
- Hamburg - Ein Frankfurt : 1 - 1
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Mallorca - Sociedad : 5 - 2
- Valencia - La Coruna : 2 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?