Friday 9 September 2005
5127 days since 9/9/2005US date format: 9/9/2005, UK date format: 9/9/2005
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 9, 2005). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to We Belong Together by Mariah Carey.
In UK Don't Cha by The Pussycat Dolls featuring Busta Rhymes was in the top 5 hits.
Lord of War, directed by Andrew Niccol, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2005
while Confessions Of A Video Vixen by Karrine Steffans was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Beautiful People.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing College Hoops 2K6 or Boiling Point: Road to Hell.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 September 2005
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 2005!
Which were the important events of 9 September 2005 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 09 September
- India and Pakistan will exchange civilian prisoners on September 12 at the Waga border. Those exchanged have completed their sentences. (The Indian Express)
- The Australian Security Intelligence Organisation plans to recruit an additional 500 spies for its current staffing of 1,000 to counter terrorism. (The Australian)
- Australian Federal Opposition Leader Kim Beazley says the Australian Government's proposed new anti-terrorism laws would not deter terrorism. Others say the laws would radicalise young Muslims and civil liberty groups say the laws would make Australian society more dangerous.(ABC)(ABC)
- An earthquake measuring 7.3 on the Richter scale is detected off the eastern coast of Papua New Guinea, though no damage has been recorded. (Manichi Daily News) (BBC)
- A federal grand jury in Providence, Rhode Island indicts Richard Hatch, winner of Survivor: Pulau Tiga, for income tax evasion and fraud for allegedly failing to pay taxes on his winnings and misusing charity funds. (Fox News)
- People's Republic of China President Hu Jintao meets with Canadian Prime Minister Paul Martin in Ottawa. The event is met with protesters and supporters of the Chinese government. Martin and Hu agree on a new "Strategic Partnership", and sign a series of agreements on transportation, food inspection, and scientific research. Hu also meets with Governor General Adrienne Clarkson. (CBC) (Chinesenewsnet) (CTV.ca)
- During a military exercise, a Belgian Air Force F-16 fighter jet crashes in the Wadden Sea (Waddenzee), near the Dutch island of Vlieland. The pilot failed to eject, and died in the crash. (Expatica)
- United States Department of Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff appoints Vice Admiral Thad W. Allen, chief of staff of the United States Coast Guard, to direct Hurricane Katrina relief efforts in New Orleans, in place of Federal Emergency Management Agency director Michael D. Brown, who returns to Washington to direct planning for future disaster relief. (CTV.ca)
Sport Games on 9 September 2005
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Aachen - Saarbrucken : 4 - 0
- Burghausen - Unterhaching : 1 - 1
- Munich 1860 - Dresden : 1 - 2
Division 2Football (France)
- Clermont - Lorient : 0 - 3
- Creteil - Brest : 0 - 0
- Guingamp - Gueugnon : 0 - 0
- Istres - Dijon : 1 - 1
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Tranmere - Bradford : 2 - 2
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Avellino - Brescia : 2 - 5
Birth chart on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in September 2005?
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2005 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Bow Wow Featuring Ciara - Like You
- Mariah Carey - Shake It Off
- Gold Digger - Kanye West Featuring Jamie Foxx
- Mariah Carey - We Belong Together
- Destiny's Child - Cater 2 U
- Fantasia - Free Yourself
- Let Me Hold You - Bow Wow Featuring Omarion
- Lyfe Jennings - Must Be Nice
- David Banner - Play
- Don't Cha - The Pussycat Dolls Featuring Busta Rhymes
Top #10 Latin songs
- La Tortura - Shakira Featuring Alejandro Sanz
- Nada Es Para Siempre - Luis Fonsi
- Daddy Yankee - Lo Que Paso, Paso
- Ella Y Yo - Aventura Featuring Don Omar
- Juanes - La Camisa Negra
- Viveme - Laura Pausini
- Solo Quedate En Silencio - RBD
- Mayor Que Yo - Baby Ranks, Daddy Yankee, Tonny Tun Tun, Wisin & Yandel & Hector
- Eres Divina - Patrulla 81
- Wisin & Yandel - Rakata
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $43.40
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $68.05
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $50.87
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $27.85
- 1 AUD = 0.9623 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.9115 CAD
- 1 GBP = 2.2855 CHF
- 1 GBP = 2.1648 CAD
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?