Tuesday 12 March 1985
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Stromae and Binnaz Uslu.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Can't Fight This Feeling by REO Speedwagon.
In UK You Spin Me Round (Like A Record) by Dead Or Alive was in the top 5 hits.
Mask, directed by Peter Bogdanovich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while If Tomorrow Comes by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Day the Universe Changed.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Chaos: The Battle of Wizards or City Connection.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 March 1985!
Which were the important events of 12 March 1985 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Gregoru Diena observed.
- Flag Day in Venezuela.
- "National Day" of the Republic of Jamtland
- Sweden - Namesday of Crown Princess Victoria, an Official Flag Day.
- Mauritius - National Day.
- St. Justina
- St. Jozefina
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast day of: St. Theophanes the Confessor
- Arbor Day in China.
- St. Maximilian
- Stromae : Belgian rapper born to a Rwandan father (architect) and a Belgian mother.
- Binnaz Uslu: Turkish runner.
- Cissi Wallin: Swedish actress.
- Bradley Wright-Phillips: English footballer.
- Eugene Ormandy [Blau]: Hungarian/US conductor, dies at age 85 (born 1899).
- Larry Bird scores Boston Celtics' record 60 points.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- REO Speedwagon - Can't Fight This Feeling
- Glenn Frey - The Heat Is On
- Madonna - Material Girl
- David Lee Roth - California Girls
- Phil Collins - One More Night
- Julian Lennon - Too Late For Goodbyes
- Wham! - Careless Whisper
- Teena Marie - Lovergirl
- Tina Turner - Private Dancer
- Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Mix)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?