Sunday 17 March 1985, St. Patrick's Day
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Vassiliki Arvaniti and Tuğba Karademir.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Can't Fight This Feeling by REO Speedwagon.
In UK You Spin Me Round (Like A Record) by Dead Or Alive was in the top 5 hits.
The Last Dragon, directed by Michael Schultz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Cry Of The Kalahari by Mark and Delia Owen was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Day the Universe Changed.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ikki or Cyclone.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1985!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1985 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
Famous Birthdays:17 March
- Serial killer Richard Ramirez, aka the ''Night Stalker'', commits the first two murders in his Los Angeles, California murder spree.
- Expo '85, a World's Fair, is held in Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan, until September 16.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- REO Speedwagon - Can't Fight This Feeling
- Glenn Frey - The Heat Is On
- Madonna - Material Girl
- David Lee Roth - California Girls
- Phil Collins - One More Night
- Julian Lennon - Too Late For Goodbyes
- Wham! - Careless Whisper
- Teena Marie - Lovergirl
- Tina Turner - Private Dancer
- Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Mix)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?