Tuesday 29 December 2009
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
Magic, directed by Robert Davi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Imperial Cruise by James Bradley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching MKC: The Monster Killers Club.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Age of Pirates 2: City of Abandoned Ships or Bomberman Blitz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 2009!
Which were the important events of 29 December 2009 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 December
- The Sudanese parliament approves legislation for a referendum on the independence of South Sudan. (BBC News)
- A Turkish court sentences a Kurdish man to life in prison for a minibus bombing in 2005 that killed five people. (Ireland Online)
- Bangladesh says it will repatriate 9,000 Rohingya refugees staying at camps in the country back to Burma. (Xinhua)
- Iran's Nobel Peace Prize winner Shirin Ebadi says her sister Nooshin, a medical professor and human rights activist, was arrested by authorities the previous evening. Sources indicate journalists have also been detained. (UPI)
- Tiwonge Chimbalanga and Steven Monjeza, believed to have held Malawi's first gay engagement ceremony, are arrested and expected to be charged with gross public indecency. (IOL)
- Serbia's Minister of Labour, Employment, and Social Affairs Rasim Ljajić resigns a job due to his inability to keep his promise to locate Ratko Mladić by the end of 2009. (Reuters)
- Thailand completes its repatriation of over 4,000 Hmong refugees to neighbouring Laos. (Al Jazeera)
- Somali pirates seize UK and Panamanian-flagged ships with international crews on board in the Gulf of Aden. (''New York Times'')
- China displaces the U.S. as the largest overall buyer of Japanese goods in 2009. (Wall Street Journal)
- An American Christian activist is reportedly arrested after crossing into North Korea from China, according to North Korean media. (Reuters)
- Two Italians are injured and one American is killed in a shooting incident in Badghis Province, Afghanistan. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2009 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 29 December 2009
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Cercle Brugge - Standard : 2 - 0
- Genk - St Truiden : 0 - 0
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Aston Villa - Liverpool : 0 - 1
- Bolton - Hull : 2 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?