Thursday 10 January 1957
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dominique Lebrun and Robert Thompson in Houston.
In UK Mary's Boy Child by Harry Belafonte was in the top 5 hits.
The Wrong Man, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Eloise In Paris by Kay Thompson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Whirlybirds.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 January 1957!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 10 January 1957 ?
- Margaret Thatcher day in the Falkland Islands
- Dominique Lebrun
- Robert Thompson in Houston: Texas, USA; Nike golfer (1990 Boise Open-second).
- Paula Smith: American tennis player.
- Greg Walden: American broadcaster and politician.
- Anthony Eden resigns and Harold Macmillan becomes Prime Minister of Great Britain.
- Baseball Commissioner Ford Frick rules Bing Crosby can keep token stock in the Detroit Tigers, even though he owns part of Pittsburgh Pirates.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1957 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Tommy Steele & The Steelmen - Singing The Blues
- Harry Belafonte - Mary's Boy Child
- Guy Mitchell - Singing The Blues
- The Everly Brothers - Wake Up Little Susie
- Frankie Vaughan - The Green Door
- Johnny Otis & His Orchestra With Marie Adams - Ma He's Making Eyes At Me
- Malcolm Vaughan - My Special Angel
- St Therese Of The Roses - Malcolm Vaughan
- Johnnie Ray - Just Walkin' In The Rain
- Paul Anka - I Love You Baby
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?