Tuesday 13 January 2009
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 13, 2009). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Just Dance by Lady GaGa.
Luck by Chance, directed by Zoya Akhtar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Host by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Trust Me.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Altitude or Colin McRae: Dirt 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 January 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 2009!
Which were the important events of 13 January 2009 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 January
- Dona Mary Ejercito: Filipino supercentarian, mother of Joseph Ejercito Estrada (Born 1905).
- Dai Llewellyn: Welsh socialite.
- William De Witt Snodgrass: American poet under the pseudonym S. S. Gardons (Born 1926).
- Mansour Rahbani: Lebanese composer and lyricist (Born 1925).
- Nancy Bird Walton: Australian aviator (Born 1915).
- Citigroup and Morgan Stanley agree to combine their brokerages, with Morgan Stanley paying Citigroup US$2.7 billion for a 51 percent stake in the joint venture. The new Morgan Stanley Smith Barney will have US$1.7 trillion in client assets.
- Despite an agreement to resume delivery of natural gas from Russia to Europe, the European Union says that ampquotvery limitedampquot amounts were transmitted. (BBC News)
- The United States Senate Foreign Relations Committee begins confirmation hearings for Hillary Clinton's nomination as Secretary of State. (CNN)
- Late 2000s recession:
- Anti-government protesters clash with Latvian riot police in Riga. (BBC)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 13 January 2009
Division 3Football (United Kingdom)
- Cowdenbeath - Berwick : 2 - 0
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Swindon - Stockport : 1 - 1
- Yeovil - Scunthorpe : 1 - 2
League 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Chester - Luton : 2 - 2
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Kilmarnock - Aberdeen : 1 - 2
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in January 2009?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Beyonce - Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)
- Live Your Life - T.I. Featuring Rihanna
- Chopped 'N' Skrewed - T-Pain Featuring Ludacris
- Ne-Yo - Miss Independent
- Trading Places - Usher
- Green Light - John Legend Featuring Andre 3000
- Pop Champagne - Jim Jones & Ron Browz Featuring Juelz Santana
- IfULeave - Musiq Soulchild Featuring Mary J. Blige
- Put It On Ya - Plies Featuring Chris J
- T.I. - Whatever You Like
Top #10 Latin songs
- No Me Doy Por Vencido - Luis Fonsi
- Por Un Segundo - Aventura
- Marco Antonio Solis - No Molestar
- Te Regalo Amores - RKM & Ken-Y
- Lloro Por Ti - Enrique Iglesias
- Espero - Grupo Montez de Durango
- La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho - Y Que Quede Claro
- Inolvidable - Reik
- Dame Tu Amor - Alacranes Musical
- Cinco Minutos - Gloria Trevi
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The Italian airline agreed to sell a minority stake to Air France-KLM, cementing ties with the airline just a day before Alitalia takes to the skies as a leaner airline. [..]
Magistrate Judge Ronald L. Ellis, who refused to revoke bail for Bernard L. Madoff, is said to be calm in all matters and “impervious to the politics of the day.” [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $47.78
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $44.96
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $52.08
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $36.50
- 1 CHF = 6.1082 CNY
- 1 CAD = 5.5777 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9133 CHF
- 1 AUD = 4.5439 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?