Wednesday 13 October 1948
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lacy J Dalton and Ted Poe.
The Three Musketeers, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching The Growing Paynes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1948!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1948 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Lacy J Dalton: Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania -- Country singer (Crazy Blue Eyes).
- Ted Poe: American politician.
- Leona Mitchell in Enid: Oklahoma, USA; soprano (Musetta-La BohTme).
- John Ford Coley: American musician.
- Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan: Pakistani musician and singer (d. 1997).
- Nusrat Khan: Pakistani singer (d. 1997)
- John Coley: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (England Dan & John Ford Coley)
- Lacy Dalton: American singer-songwriter and guitarist
- Samuel S Hinds: Actor (Raven, Test Pilot), dies at 73.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 October 1948
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?