Thursday 13 September 1956US date format: 9/13/1956, UK date format: 13/9/1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 13, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alain Ducasse and Geri Jewell.
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
The Last Wagon, directed by Delmer Daves, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Guestward Ho! by Patrick Dennis and Barbara Hooton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Noah's Ark.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 September 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 1956!
Which were the important events of 13 September 1956 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Alain Ducasse: French chef and restaurateur who opened...
- Geri Jewell: American comedian, actress, motivational...
- Béatrice Libert (actress)
- Anne Geddes: Australian-New Zealand photographer and...
- [Joan] Joni Sledge: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -- Vocalist...
- Kim Genelle: American model and actress.
- Joni Sledge in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; vocalist (Sister...
- Judy Blumberg: American ice skater, part of the...
- In the USA, IBM introduces the IBM 350 Disk File, the first hard drive, as part of the IBM RAMAC 305 computer. The drive features fifty double-sided 24-inch diameter platters, served by one arm and one read/write head. Capacity is about 5MB, and transfer rate is 8800 characters per second.
- The dike around the Dutch polder East Flevoland is closed.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) - Doris Day
- Anne Shelton - Lay Down Your Arms
- Rockin' Through The Rye - Bill Haley & His Comets
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Tony Martin - Walk Hand In Hand
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?