Thursday 13 September 1962
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Grady Neal Lancaster and Brian Andrew Fowler.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Sherry by The 4 Seasons.
In UK I Remember You by Frank Ifield was in the top 5 hits.
Divorce Italian Style, directed by Pietro Germi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while In The Clearing by Robert Frost was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Wide Country.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 1962!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 13 September 1962 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brian Andrew Fowler: Christchurch, New Zealand -- Cyclist (1996 Olympics).
- Grady Neal Lancaster: Smithfield, North Carolina -- PGA golfer (1994 Byron Nelson).
- Tonu Onnepalu: Estonian poet and author.
- Hisao Egawa: Japanese voice actor.
- Tõnu Õnnepalu: Estonian poet and author.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?