Wednesday May 14, 1980US date format: 5/14/1980, UK date format: 14/5/1980
This day in 30 sec.
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 14, 1980). The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Florent Peyre and Pierre (Star Academy).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Call Me by Blondie.
In UK What's Another Year by Johnny Logan was in the top 5 hits.
Out of the Blue, directed by Dennis Hopper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Hungry As The Sea by Wilbur Smith was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Stockard Channing Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Mystery House or Sea Duel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 May 1980
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 1980!
Which were the important events of 14 May 1980 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
- Florent Peyre
- Pierre (Star Academy)
- Zdeněk Grygera: Czech footballer.
- Pavel Londak: Estonian footballer.
- Zdenek Grygera: Czech footballer.
- Júlia Sebestyén: Hungarian figure skater.
- Hugo Southwell: English-Scottish rugby player.
- Eugene Martineau: Dutch decathlete.
- Julia Sebestyen: Hungarian figure skater.
- Musical Chairs opens at Rialto Theater NYC for 15 performances
- Department of Health & Human Services begins operation
- Bucky Dent hits an inside the park homerun, Kansas City Royals walk 14 New York Yankees including five with bases loaded, New York Yankees win 16-3.
- Valencia wins 20th Europe Cup II.
- Botswana recognizes the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic (SADR).
- A Tampa, Florida court acquits 4 white police officers of killing Arthur McDuffie, a black insurance executive, provoking 3 days of race riots in Miami.
- Internal conflict in Peru: On the eve of presidential elections, Maoist guerrilla group Shining Path attacks a polling location in the town of Chuschi, Ayacucho.
- Mount St. Helens erupts in Washington, killing 57 and causing US$3 billion in damage.
- Ian Curtis, singer/songwriter of acclaimed post punk band Joy Division, is found hanged.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Blondie - Call Me
- Christopher Cross - Ride Like The Wind
- Air Supply - Lost In Love
- Funkytown - Lipps, Inc.
- Billy Preston - With You I'm Born Again
- Dr. Hook - Sexy Eyes
- Billy Joel - You May Be Right
- Kenny Rogers - Don't Fall In Love With A Dreamer
- Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall (Part II)
- Ambrosia - Biggest Part Of Me
Top #10 R&B songs
- Jermaine Jackson - Let's Get Serious
- The Isley Brothers - Don't Say Goodnight (It's Time For Love) (Parts 1 & 2)
- The Whispers - Lady
- Smokey Robinson - Let Me Be The Clock
- Leon Haywood - Don't Push It Don't Force It
- Ray Parker Jr. & Raydio - Two Places At The Same Time
- Funkytown - Lipps, Inc.
- Got To Be Enough - ConFunkShun
- Stephanie Mills - Sweet Sensation
- Shining Star - The Manhattans
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?