Saturday April 14, 1979
US date format: 4/14/1979, UK date format: 14/4/1979
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries (see birth chart on April 14, 1979). The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was James Callaghan (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Rebecca DiPietro and Noe Pamarot.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to What A Fool Believes by The Doobie Brothers.
In UK Bright Eyes by Art Garfunkel was in the top 5 hits.
Manhattan, directed by Woody Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Sixth Commandment by Lawrence Sanders was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Love Thy Neighbour in Australia.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Adventure or Beam Invader.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of April 14, 1979?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- See more
- Susan Horvath, of Pennsylvania, crowned America's Young Woman of the Year.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 14, 1979?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- G.Q. - Disco Nights (Rock-Freak)
- Instant Funk - I Got My Mind Made Up (You Can Get It Girl)
- The Jacksons - Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground)
- Peaches & Herb - Reunited
- Chic - I Want Your Love
- Amii Stewart - Knock On Wood
- George Benson - Love Ballad
- Sister Sledge - He's The Greatest Dancer
- Narada Michael Walden - I Don't Want Nobody Else (To Dance With You)
- Foxy - Hot Number
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next April 14If April 14, 1979 is your birthday you're 41 years, 5 months, 8 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 6 months, 23 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?