Wednesday 14 February 1934, Valentine's Day
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Florence Henderson and Michel Corboz.
The Lost Patrol, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
while So Red the Rose by Stark Young was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 1934!
Which were the important events of 14 February 1934 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
- Florence Henderson: American singer and actress on stage, film and TV, best known as the star of the TV series "The Brady Bunch," 1969-74.
- Michel Corboz: Swiss conductor.
- Marlene Matthews: Australia -- Sprinter (1956 Olympics - 2 Bronze Medals).
- Florence Henderson in Dale: Indiana, USA; actress/singer (Carol - The Brady Bunch).
- Dinah Hinz: German/swiss stage/tv actress.
- NHL Ace Bailey Benefit Game: Toronto Maple Leafs beats All-Stars 7-3 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?