Sunday 14 January 1934
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Darmon and Richard Briers.
Sons of the Desert, directed by William A. Seiter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
while Good-bye, Mr. Chips by James Hilton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1934!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1934 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Pierre Darmon: French tennis player, who reached his highest singles ranking of World No.
- Richard Briers: British supporting actor seen in film and in TV comedy roles as well as appearances on stage in Shakespeare productions.
- Alberto Rodriguez Larreta: Argentine racing driver (d. 1977).
- Alberto Larreta: Argentinian race car driver (d. 1977).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?